The week ending 17 June 2007
REBOL DevCon 2007 Videos
Videos for the REBOL DevCon 2007 are available for download at http://devcon2007.rebdocproj.org/
Icarii (Aka) James Marsden, has released Onyx, a new draw based menu system released (demo). This is a prelude to creating an entire Draw based UI for his MMORPG.
URL : http://rebol.mustard.co.nz/onyx-demo.r
DocKimbel has released an update to the MySQL driver.
MySQL driver release v.1.1.2 Download at : http://rebol.softinnov.org/mysql
- Fix for an infinite loop issue when the server times out the connection (unix platforms).
- TCP keepalive option activated by default (for longstanding idle connections).
- Send-cmd function optimized to be a little bit faster and use less memory.
- Added new-lines markers to resulting recorsets.
- Added option to switch on/off new-lines marker through port/locals/newlines? flag.
- Recycle call removed from read-rows function. Should speed up the results a little bit.
- Minor source code cleanup.
Dockimbel's Apache class webserver in 100Kb of REBOL code is now in beta, and being thrashed by beta testers in an attempt to weed out all the bugs. Cheyenne offers fast-cgi REBOL scripting, and is resistant to most all the classical web attacks, with 180 requests/second on the RSP test page on an AMD 3500+ processor. Maxim has now started work on a Remark module. Look for a download url in the near future as the 1.0 release approaches. In the meantime, the RSP documentation is available.
Not much of interest to most of us, as it was released only to a few tight lipped select developers .. but this image from Cyphre appears to confirm it is for real! Animation is also apparently 2-5x faster with primitive graphic objects.
Daniel has written dns-sync, a dynamic DNS client, and intended to run as a cron job under Linux, or as a Windows task.
James Marsden gets a double mention due to the length of this week's blog .. his Mahjong using his own digitized tiles has been updated a few times in the past few weeks. The latest version is available at the same location.