The week ending 20th May 2007
Carl Sassenrath posted his Devcon 2007 presentation slides
Ashley: "Build#94 uploaded to SVN. Contains minor tooltip, drop-list, request-menu, on-click and on-alt-click fixes."
Terry announced Rash1.1 Rebol/Flash hybrid Personal Agent.
Oldes' HTTP patch, adding 303 response
Oldes "just found, that youtube do not respect HTTP1.0 protocol => sends HTTP1.1 303
response even if client require HTTP1.0 (which is Rebol case). As there is no response
specified for 303 in Rebol's http handler, it can be fixed using:"
tmp: select second get in system/schemes/http/handler 'open to-set-word 'response-actions
if none? find tmp 303 [ insert tmp reduce [303 select tmp 302] ]
; example test
p: open/direct http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=FVbf9tOGwno&t=OEgsToPDskKR0Ng6kANs3Z4VNG81T2tZ
error? try [close p]
(Note, I think YouTube urls, as above, expire quickly, so you would have to get a more current one.)
(And I think this patch should be classified as a "temporary workaround patch".)
- Some other concise languages, Mathematica and ContextFreeArt, were brought up.
- Ladislav was asking what the best way to handle recursive includes should be in his include system.
- rebol vs scheme, associative model of data..)
- Dissatisfaction with NEW-LINE argument order and proposed NEW-LINES function with a mini dialect.
- Discussion of Rebol equivalents AWK and GREP, ended up with some disagreement over preferred arg order.
Posted by Graham on Anton's behalf