its been a busy january on REBOL org, with 18 new or updated scripts by a few prolific posters
Recent changes on rebol.org
- Carl re-appears after a 3 month hiatus
- ALIAS function removed in the next R3 version;
- curecode reviewed by Carl, many bug fixes expected in A111 release.
- Also, curecode got a new project for R3GUI.
New RMA release of R3GUI is available on:
the full source version + docs
the 'classic' one file release
Feel free to try it and let us know in the R3GUI Altme group. Any feedback is appreciated.
NOTE: this version is compatible only with the RMA version of Rebol3. You can get it here
Release change notes:
- show-native recursive issue fixed
- enhancements to TEXT-LIST, TEXT-TABLE, TAB-BOX styles
- fixed DO reactor call
- fixed reactor actions handling
- optimized INIT-PANEL function
- added FOREACH-FACE function
- fixed internals of triggers subsystem
- optimized DRAW blocks handling
- optimized DO-STYLE and DO-TRIGGERS code
- added triggers handling to set/insert-panel-content
- lists.r3 code cleanup
- cleanup of unused/leaked variables
R3 cURL binding documentation!
This is a big deal, it means we can build standards compliant internet aware R3 applications ... right now!
Kaj de Vos:
It took a lot more time than I expected to create the documentation for the cURL binding; about as long as the binding itself. But here it is, together with the documentation for the example extension:
R3 cURL documentation
The binding is now officially released
R3 ODBC extension
Christian Ensel writes on Altme:
I've updated the R3 ODBC extension to R3A110, get it here
This is the first version which works with date values.
Release 003 is here: glass-r003.zip
- Editor style and associated text editor application
- Encap friendly single file version of ALL glass libs, usable just like if they where external files.
- The encap version of glass is all packaged within its own .zip file inside the root of the distro, to make it easier to get started.
- New Image style, it also has a pretty cool image style demo app.
- quite a few nuts and bolts worked on here and there.
- reworked the folder structure a bit to make it cleaner (it shouldn't change much from now on), tell me what you think?
- Added original SVG files used to create icons as part of distribution
- Added a few reference glass-related images for demos and tutorials.
- Windows title handling is now automatic when you fill their labels. (shown in text editor)
- Many libs have had their APIs improved.
- Extensive HISTORY AND RELEASE NOTES in docs folder.
- Screenshots: image style tutorial, RED - REBOL text editor
Please try it out and give some feedback here or on the GLASS group on REBOL3 Altme world. It's still R2 based.
Also, GLASS now has a very simple installer which will be updated at each release.
its a command line script, but uses a file requestor so you can setup where glass is downloaded and unpacked.
Kaj de Vos writes on Altme:This past Saturday we held our Winter Syllable Conference: web.syllable.org
We introduced and handed out a sneak preview of our new Syllable Desktop live CD, introduced the REBOL 3 cURL binding
and went through our planned demonstration of setting up a website provider on Syllable Server, running on Cheyenne,
making a website on Desktop with my REBOL CMS, building it with REBOL 3 and uploading it to Server with the cURL binding,
with a short demo of the graphical version of Syllable Server thrown in